I have become a huge fan of porridge! It’s not something I ever ate as a kid so I’m experimenting with it now as an adult. Contrary to what I used to believe, porridge is actually super quick and easy to make with whole food ingredients. This Baked Porridge recipe is perfect for a winters breakfast, an afternoon snack or as a breakky to take on the road with you.
Bake the night before and cut into squares and pop into a Tupperware container. That way you have a handy, super nutritious and filling breakfast for those times you’re running out the door!
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- pinch sea salt
- 2 cups oat milk
- 1 tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 4 tbsp. slivered almonds or sunflower seeds
- 4 tbsp. dried blueberries or cranberries
- 1 tsp. ground flax seeds
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees C. Prepare and grease an 8 x 11 baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, baking powder and sea salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine almond milk, syrup and extract, add to dry ingredients, mix well.
- Add cinnamon and mix again.
- Transfer mixture to baking dish. Sprinkle with almonds and blueberries. Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven; sprinkle with flax seeds. Return to the oven for 2 more minutes.
- Remove from oven; set aside to cool for at least 20 minutes before serving.
- Serve warm to eat or cool in fridge and cut into squares for later.