A delicious plant based breakfast bowl perfect for the weekends! This bowl can be made super quickly with your favourite toppings to jazz it up! I love fresh fruit and coconut flakes and some crunchy oil free granola to add texture.
A great way to get kids involved and enjoying a variety of breakfast options is to provide them with the acai mixture in the bowl and then have all the additional toppings out on the bench for them to choose!
- 2 frozen sliced bananas
- 2 cups frozen strawberries
- 4 tbsp. acai powder
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (or plant milk of choice), plus more as needed
- Fresh fruit, sliced
- Granola (optional)
- Unsweetened coconut flakes (optional)
- Dried goji berries (optional)
- Chia or hemp seeds (optional)
- Add the frozen fruits, acai powder, almond milk to a blender.
- Blend until creamy and smooth, adding extra almond milk as needed to get the blender running.
- Aim for a frozen-yoghurt consistency (it should be thicker than a smoothie).
- Spoon the acai mixture into bowls and top with sliced fruit or the optional toppings (if using).