We’re back this week for the second part in the solo series ‘Transitioning To A Plant Based Diet’.

While last episode we covered ‘ditching dairy’, ‘fats & oils’ & ‘crowding out’, this week we’re diving deeper into some issues that commonly surface when making the change to this way of eating.

We’re talking this week about…

‘Eating out and social occasions’

‘How to talk to family about your decision to go plant based’

‘Finding your top 3 plant based meals’.

I hope you can find some handy tips in there to make this transition easier for you! If you’d like to keep this conversation going feel free to drop me an email or comment below! I know the ride isn’t always smooth so I’m here to help in any way I can.

Relevant links

Liz Cook Charts

Happy Cow

Doug Lisle

Print Friendly

6 thoughts on “Anna Chisholm – Transitioning To A Plant Based Diet (Part 2)

• July 20, 2017 at 9:17 am

Anna! This series is amazing! SO helpful, succinct, easy to follow, and absolutely useful. Thanks very much for the great work you’re doing!

• September 6, 2017 at 7:59 pm

Loved these transitioning poscasts! Very helpful for a new vegan. One question i do have (and am struggling with) is wind and bloating with bean and legume consumption. I am giving it another go (after a 3 wk break) by starting with chick peas (soaked well) and just 2 tablespoons mixed in brown rice. Any other help or advice greatly appreciated!

• September 6, 2017 at 8:18 pm

Hi Anita!

So glad you’re enjoying these episodes. Yes beans and legumes do take some getting used to. I would recommend starting with 1 tablespoon in a meal of veggies, whole grains etc and increase gradually. (sounds like you’re already on the right track). Chickpeas can be one of the harder to digest, maybe start with red lentil dahl to begin with. Even after 10 yrs of eating a plant based diet, still struggle with chickpeas (unless its in hummus form). If your gut is not used to so much insoluble fibre like this, it is really common to have gas/bloating etc so stick at it and you will find it gets easier.

• September 27, 2017 at 6:03 pm

Thank you so very much for doing this topic snd breaking it down to simple baby steps. It doesn’t feel as overwhelming any more. I am working towards whole plant based diet after watching “What the health.” Look forward to your podcast on plant based diet for babies.

• October 13, 2017 at 12:11 am

Thank you so much for all your amazing advice. There is no better time to be a vegan than now with all of you amazing people sharing your experience and knowledge. When I transitioned to veganism I was practically on my own, made mistakes and felt kind of lonely (I wrote an article about going vegan based on my experience and some of my closest people her: https://vegancookbook.com/going-vegan/) but today is different. I wished I had some of these information back in the day. Thank you for your effort!

• Pingback: Big Impact: Anna Chisholm – Transitioning To A Plant Based Diet (Part 2) – Podcasts